Re: [ARSCLIST] Any good tips to flatten warped 78's?

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hi Tom,

you wrote:

> MANY THANKS! Not long-winded by any measure, rather it's packed with
> facts.
>
> One question -- why the wooden blocks?

----- I want to heat the top glass plate to the same temperature, but it must
not rest on the record until it is sufficiently supple (a nicer term than
malleable). Some will scorn heating of wood in a preservation environment;
for those I would suggest an inert substitute. In the "urns" that had been
held in the basement of the Paris opera and in which the records were resting
on glass plates, the distance was kept by means of little glass blocks.

Kind regards,

George