Fra: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] På vegne av Dan Nelson
Sendt: 19. juni 2009 04:34
Til: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Re: [ARSCLIST] DC Art Tools for restoring old 78's/DeNoise/DeClick

I have used every thing from DC3 to the present DC7  restoration software
over at least 5  year period.
I have produced restored audio for network television, independent record
company reissues.
This being said, i have found some basic software tools for  a lot less
money. here are the programs i  go with most of the time.
For basic work page i use Sound Forge Audio studio 9.0, I like the full
screen work space for ease of editing and basic  audio manipulation.
For click and  noise removal a pair of shareware programs called "Click
repair" and "DeNoise" offer  an inexpensive alternative to DC7 and i think
fewer artifacts. Download at
http://wwwmaths.anu.edu.au/~briand/sound/software_download/clickrepair_info.
html
The "Declick" offers adjustable  settings for crackle and scratch ticks.
DEnoise, lets you take a print of noise and a visual graph of  the
application which  you can set the floor and  amount of  reduction. Works so
smooth.
In addition to the software I use several "black box blinking lights"
hardware audio processors.
Hope this is helpful... ill be glad to post mp3 of samples.
dnward
calif USA