Re: [ARSCLIST] Virgin Sacrifice

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Maybe it's an age thing, but I can't see any reason for physical stores for music since Amazon took off. I haven't bought a book or CD from a physical store in probably a decade now. And downloads trump even that because not only are they convenient, they are near-instant gratification. Now if only full 44.1/16-bit downloads would go down to 99 cents or less per song and be commonplace, we'd finally be at a reasonable "new paradigm." As it is now, the only places not selling lossy-compressed audio downloads are places like HDTracks (Chesky) and Linn, and they charge a big premium for them compared to lossy album prices.

Well...IF I can get my old "record player" up and running...and IF (as I suspect)
the ceramic cartridge output will work well when plugged into the "Line In" jack
of my computer's sound card...I will be able to make available around 100,000+
digital versions of my 78 holdings! No charge, but donations will be gladly
accepted...?!

There MUST be listeners waiting anxiously to hear all my Grey Gull B-sides?!