To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] vinegar reel to reel - is it safe to play?

At 05:14 PM 2009-05-11, Frances, Melodie wrote:
The box says Kodak and has a sticker that says 'durol base, new high
strength triacetate' - the reel itself has not additional info and yes,
it is separate from everything else (probably by accident by thank
goodness).

Hello, Melodie,

I recently captured two tapes of this ilk that were rather unplayable on a standard machine. While it wasn't perfect, the client agreed it was "good enough".

Here's the writeup on my website.
http://richardhess.com/notes/2009/04/07/kodak-durol-triacetate-tape-with-bad-vinegar-syndrome/

It's nasty stuff.

Cheers,