Re: [ARSCLIST] The end of Telarc

One of my favorite CDs years ago was "The Ring Without Words" so this makes perfect sense to me!

<L>
Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Mar 12, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Clark Johnsen wrote:

Which reminds me of a surely apocryphal story... Bruckner (the "Wagnerian
symphonist") was sitting in a box at the Imperial Opera Theatre for a
presentation of Goetterdaemmerung. He always listened with his eyes closed,
but when quite a commotion arose on stage towards the end -- funeral pyre,
fire, horses -- he opened them, surveyed the scene, turned to his companion
and asked, "Warum brennt Bruennhilde?"

(Why are they burning Bruennhilde?)