Re: [ARSCLIST] Gates broadcast cart machine -- free plus shipping

--- On Thu, 3/5/09, Cary Ginell <soundthink@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem was that the mechanism was so noisy, there was
> no way you could tightly hit the cart "On" button
> while your mike was open in the same room. You'd hear a
> loud "ker-chunk" when the cart engaged, and the
> motor sound was loud enough to pick up over the mike as
> well.

I've worked with some loud cart machines before, but none
that loud.  As long as the machine was behind the mike
there wasn't a problem.  I used to take old cart machines
off people's hands because I have so many old carts; I
was always afraid I wouldn't have a working machine when I
needed to get something out of the "archive".  But, I had
to close the cart machine orphanage to new admissions when
I ran out of shelf space in my workshop.  I'd take this one
to save it from a terrible fate, but I'm not sure where I'd
put it.