Re: [ARSCLIST] old cylinder?

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 2:14 PM, <AllenAmet@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I have been looking for a long time for a strange, and probably
> hard-to-find record, entitled "The Burning of Smith in Paris, Texas." The
> events
> re-created occurred in 1893 and from what is known, were extremely awful.

Let me second Allen's query.  This selection was referred to as a
best-seller and seems to have been extensively used for exhibition
purposes around the United States into the twentieth century, which makes
its current elusiveness puzzling.  There really should be copies out there.

The problem may be the lack of a spoken title announcement. Someone might
have a copy of "The Burning of Smith" without associating that name with
it.  So it may be useful to state that it depicts a man screaming and
begging for his life.

 - Patrick