Re: [ARSCLIST] Muzak is bankrupt

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Frank Strauss <fbsdmd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh crap-I like Mantovani.  In fact saw him and his crew
> live in 1961.  I think elevators gave him a bad name.

He did a great Christmas album on Decca/London in the 50s.
Two songs from that album, "White Christmas" and "Adeste
Fideles" were released as a 78.  The album was later
re-recorded in stereo along with a few other songs and
released as two albums, also on Decca/London.  Those
arrangements are always very evocative of the season to me.