Re: [ARSCLIST] Good idea, dumb business model so far -- soapbox

ARC has held a semi-annual record sale of third copies from the collection, and donated items by the record companies for the past twelve years. We move about 15,000 discs. SInce we can only sell what we have extras of, the quality varies from sale to sale - regardless we sell about the same dollar amount every year. This summer people snapped up cassettes, and the latest trend is fathers buying LPs for their kids who are off to college with turntables. My guess is that now that everyone has cute portable devices aplenty, the big discs offer hipster cred. We had dozens of requests by 15 year olds for Jefferson Airplane LPs!

b.ARC