Re: [ARSCLIST] Muzak is bankrupt

--- On Thu, 2/12/09, Dave Nolan <davenolanaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They insert "commercials" for whatever is on sale
> in the store, a la the
> old "Attention K-Mart shoppers..." announcements
> one used to hear "live" over the Muzak...

I remember a K-Mart in Tacoma (the first one in this area)
that opened in the 1960s.  (What a bunch of cheap junk.  My
parents bought me a pair of shoes there that didn't last
two days.  Anyway, back on topic...)  I remember there being
several 7" tape decks behind the customer service counter
that played the background music.  I don't know if the
music was licensed from Muzak, but it definitely wasn't
piped in; it was played from within the store.   FWIW.