From: Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Current LP pressing plants in operation
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 7:43 PM

I'll be very surprised if there is not a single plant in Latin America or
Africa.

Does anyone know what became of all the pressing equipment that used to be in
Indiana? In the late
60's, if I recall correctly, there were massive LP manufacturing operations
owned by three different
companies there. RCA in Indianapolis, Columbia in Terre Haute and Philips in
Richmond. That had to
be hundreds of presses and all sorts of plating and sleeving gear. Plus,
Philips had a big
sleeve-printing plant in Richmond, too.

-- Tom Fine