Re: [ARSCLIST] My "CD-based" gripe--was: ARSC Awards -- Award criteria (was: Awards 2009 - Call for Nominations)

Whilst I agree with the comments made by both Steven and David, I think it worth mentioning OAI-PMH. As a sideline to working with archive audio I also work with academic and archive sharing. The open archives Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) is an XML architecture for data sharing. I have worked with OAI-PMH for the past two years, formatting data and creating RESTful (Resource State Transfer) web services to facilitate data sharing. For anyone serious about data exchange I cannot recommend too highly this widely adopted common framework. CSV remains the lingua franca of data exchange, but XML is far more more robust option. For those interested the link below will give more details:

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html

Best Wishes

Mike Hirst

--