[ARSCLIST] Please help: quantifying progress

Allow me to throw myself on the (please insert James Earl Jones' voice here)
"knowledge of the list".

Allow me to bore you with a bit of background. My boss and my board want to
quantify my progress here. I have counted the collection in both square feet
and in linear feet previously. What I am currently working on is 4 x 5
negatives which don't take up much space in a square foot box. In the last
quarter I added 1300 + negatives to the database. It doesn't sound very good
to say I got 1/2 a cubic foot done in a quarter. So we are trying to covert
how much we have in the collection that needs processed verses how much I
have done to show progress. I need to find out if anyone out there can tell
me how many business papers, various sized records (33, 45, 16", 78 rpm),
there are in a linear foot, or in an inch if you have that. I can measure
this my self, but thought if someone else already has it would save me the
trouble.

Also does anyone else have that trouble with their board and boss? Is there
a better way to measure a collection and show progress?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and if this isn't clear please let me know.

Constance L. Jones

Project Manager

Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley

A Division of The Mahoning Valley Historical Society

(330) 744-7621

business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.mahoninghistory.org <http://www.mahoninghistory.org/>