[ARSCLIST] November issue of Black Grooves

The November issue of Black Grooves has now been posted at www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org/>. In honor of the historic election, we're featuring several politically themed items, ranging from a recent documentary about Marcus Garvey that's accompanied by a phenomenal reggae soundtrack, to the overtly revolutionary rap of Peruvian-born MC Immortal Technique. Other hip hop offerings include new releases by Kentucky's Nappy Roots and Atlanta rapper T.I. Though it might sound like an exposé on shady politics, the compilation More Dirty Laundry actually explores "the soul of Black country music." Two new offerings in our ongoing exploration of black rock include Danielia Cotton's Rare Child and TV on the Radio's Dear Science. Wrapping up this issue are recent releases by blues guitarist Eric Bibb, The Murrill Family of gospel singers, jazz vocalist/bass player Esperanza Spaulding, and neo-soul singer Rafael Saadiq.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss

Editor, Black Grooves

Archives of African American Music and Culture

Indiana University

2805 E. 10th, Suite 180

Bloomington, IN 47408

812-855-7530