Re: [ARSCLIST] Q on miking & mixing in the '30s & '40s

Clark Johnsen wrote:

Does anyone know of any articles or books that describe in clinical detail
how symphonic recordings were miked and mixed (?) during the '30s and
'40s?

clark

I think you'll find that the max. number of mikes feeding a mixer was four - but I need to check my copies of old EMI recording sheets before being more definitive. Those mikes, BTW, depended on whether you were working in the US, Britain, or Germany.

Mike Gray