Re: [ARSCLIST] Hyperthreading (was Software for Mac)

Hi,

The software application that use will often recommend one or the other.
For example Nuendo recommends hyper threading to be turned off.

If you are using a DAW with third party plug-ins, even if the editor uses
hyper threading, there is NO guarantee that all your plug-ins will.  Since
the majority of the signal processing is often done with third party
plug-ins, you should turn off HT, even though your host editor prefers it.

Finally, you should defer to recommendations your DAW manufacturer gives you
rather than "generic" advice...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sales Engineer - Archiving