Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette players (pitch correction)

On Thursday, October 09, 2008 4:32 PM, Tom Fine wrote:

> The 122 also will playback at 3.75IPS for double-speed transfers, which is
> just fine for voice-grade stuff and saved one client a substantial amount
of
> money.

The EQ will be incorrect when transferring at double speed.  If you want
things
to sound as correct as possible, you will need to make EQ adjustments in
addition to the pitch correction.

By the way, you can find a pitch correction calculator here:

http://www.theaudioarchive.com/TAA_Resources_Pitch.htm

I have a spreadsheet which computes the EQ correction for various pitch
changes.  When I finally have a moment, I hope to put that up as a general
purpose web calculator.

Eric Jacobs

The Audio Archive, Inc.
tel: 408.221.2128
fax: 408.549.9867
mailto:EricJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.TheAudioArchive.com
Disc and Tape Audio Transfer Services and Preservation Consulting