Re: [ARSCLIST] FM reception way back when

When I was a kid our TV antenna was in the top of a tree beside
the house.  Every year my Dad had to climb the tree to cut the
new branches out.  Finally in the mid-70s we got a 35' mast and
rotator on the roof of the house, coupled to an amplifier.  That
improved reception, but it was never what I would call "good."
That antenna did allow me to do some DX'ing on occasion.  I
picked up a station in Flagstaff once. 1400 mile skip to the
middle of Puget Sound in the afternoon!

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx