Re: [ARSCLIST] on record: presidential debates 1908 style

The transfers were done by the University of California, Santa Barbara.

________________________________

From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of Tom Fine
Sent: Sat 10/4/2008 7:36 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] on record: presidential debates 1908 style

Ron, this is good work. Who did the cylinder transfers? The audio was surprisingly clear and crisp
for that era. Very enjoyable presentation, both the writing and the web content. Thanks for sharing.

Question for the group -- was this the election that Bryan recorded the re-creation of one of his
stemwinders, including a phony "crowd" cheering him on? I forgot if it was the "Cross of Gold"
speech or another one but somewhere I have the audio.

-- Tom Fine