Re: [ARSCLIST] NTSC betamax players

Hi Will!

I got a machine repaired here: http://www.mrbetamax.com/ The guy is very knowledgeable.
and bought one here: http://www.absolutebeta.com/

Not sure if they ship to the UK but I think those two companies are your best bet for working ntsc betamax machines.

Erik
Notre Dame Archives

Prentice, Will wrote:
We have around 10,000 PCM F1-encoded betamax tapes at the BL, which
we've spent the past few years transferring. Finding the equipment,
spare parts etc to achieve this has been a mammoth task, so imagine our
relief when we opened pretty much the last box of tapes to find ... some
NTSC tapes. Being in the UK we recorded all our tapes in PAL format, but
some of the final batch were recorded in the US.

Our PCM units are PAL/NTSC switchable and we can deal with the 44.056kHz
sampling rate, but we need an NTSC betamax player, preferably capable of
playing back the Hifi analogue track too. Other than ebay, can anyone
suggest useful places to start looking? I imagine we'll need to ship
something from North America.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Will

Will Prentice
Technical Services
British Library Sound Archive Tel: +44 (0)20-7412-7443
96 Euston Road Fax: +44 (0)20-7412-7416
London NW1 2DB http://www.bl.uk UK http://cadensa.bl.uk (online
catalogue)

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk
The British Library's new interactive Annual Report and Accounts 2007/08 : www.bl.uk/knowledge
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postmaster@xxxxx : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the author. *************************************************************************