[ARSCLIST] movie at Archive.org details RCA Living Stereo early recording session

http://www.archive.org/details/SoundAndTheS

some of the footage from this movie, a brief excerpt, showed up in a later Living Stereo-specific movie in 1958. This movie had not appeared in any of my earlier searches of Archive.org so it may be new up there. Details shots of the 1956 2-track stereo recording session in Boston of Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet" music by Munch/BSO. I believe two of the RCA guys shown are John Pfeiffer, producer and Louis Layton, engineer. I do not know who the other two guys are, the third guy at the console might be a musicians' union guy.

I spotted at least 5 microphones in the hall, maybe six. The console seems to allow for at least 6 mics.

This recording seems to be out on reissue LP (a reissue of the later stereo LP pairing it with Strauss):
http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=15899
and on JVC XRCD2 deluxe CD:
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/75340
It does not appear to have been part of the BMG hybrid SACD releases but was issued as an early-era CD by RCA/BMG:
http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Symphony-Pathetique-Romeo-Juliet/dp/B00000E6C5/tomslinx
now out of print.

-- Tom Fine