To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] PCM audio-on-videotape info updated

Richard,

I think we have one or two of these units...please reply to me off- list at my "jspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" address and I can check for you Monday.

I've been grabbing as many obscure formats as I can when they show up.

John

John Spencer
BMS/ Chace LLC
1801 8th Ave. S.  Suite 200
Nashville, TN 37203
office (615) 385-1251
fax (615) 385-0153
cell (615) 714-1199
email: jspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.bmschace.com

On Sep 13, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Richard L. Hess wrote:

Hi,

After a frustrating day trying to play some PCM tapes, I found out they were recorded in YET_ANOTHER_FORMAT that I don't have a processor for, the JVC-900 system.

If anyone know the whereabouts of a JVC DS-FC901 interface unit, I might be interested in buying it.

Anyway, in researching this -- with help from friends Tom Fine, Don Norwood, and Don Ososke -- I have substantially updated this page on my website.

http://richardhess.com/notes/formats/magnetic-media/magnetic-tapes/digital-audio-vcr/

I've also added the disks page and made one or two minor updates in the other page listed at the bottem of the linked page.

I hope you all find this useful--maybe it will save one of you from wasting a day.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx