Re: [ARSCLIST] Stravinsky recordings

Re-sending this to correct the dumb error I made..obviously the Concerto and Apollo can't be with the Janssen Symphony if they were made in New York.

How did I miss the Mass? I have the set, and it's in WERM. DM 1349, ten-inch LP
LM 17. The Mexican recording of the Divertimento is listed as "old version,
Mexico", Victor M 931 and I know nothing about it either.

dl

Michael H. Gray wrote:
Here's the RCA dope:

Concerto for String Orchestra - RCA Studio No. 2, NYC, 1 April 1950;
Apollon Musagete - same, April 1+5, 1950;
Danses concertantes - Hollywood, Republic Studios,
8 - 9 September 1947;
Scherzo a la russe - same, 16 September 1947;
Divertimento - same, 16+20 September 1947;
Orpheus - Manhattan Center, NYC, 22-23 February 1949;
Mass - Town Hall, NYC, 24 - 25 February 1949;
Two Russian choruses - same, 25 February 1949;
Concerto (1923-24) - RCA Studio No. 2, NYC, 31 March 1950.

I don't have good dates for the Mexican records - sorry.

Regards,

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:57 pm Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stravinsky recordings

RCA Victor, from WERM:

DANSES CONCERTANTES + SCHERZO A LA RUSSE (DM 1234, LM 1075)
DIVERTIMENTO FROM BAISER DE LA FEE (DM 1202, LM 1075)
ORPHEUS (DM 1320, LM 1033)
APOLLON MUSAGETE + CONCERTO IN D MAJOR FOR STRING ORCH. (DM 1424, LM 1096)

All with "Victor Symphony Orchestra" which in these cases was the JanssenSymphony of Los Angeles.

dl

Michael H. Gray wrote:
Ref. Stravinsky:

Go to dismarc.ait.co.at and enter 'Stravinsky' in the search box
- the
MGR file ought to contain many of the IS records, tho not, at
this
point, the RCA Victors. Still gotta lot of work to do.

Regards,

Mike Gray