[ARSCLIST] Restoration of broken records...

Not long ago  the UCLA  film archives restored a unique  4 reel silent/sound  picture
from Columbia, The Barker.
some portions of the movie were typical silent  and  2 reels included sound. The
Sound was contained on 2  16" inch shellac 33 1/3 rpm discs. After the  film
was restored it was almost a lost cause to find  the  sound discs...  ultimately
a set was found with the disc for the last reel in 4-5 pieces.
Thanks to the skill of  Jim Cooprider, a member of  California Antique Phonograph
Society, the pieces were glued together, the grooves matched, a disc to digital
was made  and  a final dub to a film soundtrack  allowed this early 1920s  partial
sound movie to  be  re-released.
don ward