Re: [ARSCLIST] RIAA EQ software

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Bob, you wrote:

> [...]

----- well, on the cover of my 10" record, next to the equivalent LR, and 2x
RC networks are given the time constants you mention. The text reads:

"The 'New Orthophonic' characteristic (relative stylus velocity vs.
frequency) may be expressed as the algebraic sum of the ordinates of three
individual curves which conform to the admittances of the following networks
expressed in dB".

My record is not dated, and I would be interested to know the date.

Again it should be the
> basis of any attempt at accurate reproduction simply because it was what
> everybody trimmed the response of their cutting systems to match. How
> right
> or wrong the RCA test record is doesn't matter.

----- you are absolutely right and in accordance with the instructions on the
record. If this record was widely distributed, obviously that WAS the
standard.

Kind regards,

George