Re: [ARSCLIST] ET help!

I've copied a number of LPs that presented this problem and followed this procedure. When the skipping was encountered, I would very carefully apply pressure to the side of the cartridge with a small brush until the needle would move on into the next groove. Some times this took a few tries as what one wants to do is have the needle move on without skipping a groove. One only wants the pressure there while it is skipping, not after it moves into the correct groove. If the skip jumps a groove, a problem I didn't encounter, one would probably need to apply the brush on the other side of the cartridge. This leaves one with an error that audio software is able to remove, especially if there is a clear metronomic beat in the music. Also, each rotation takes a very specific amount of time so a multiple of this is the correct length of the edit. If the brush is the right size, there is a relaxation of the pressure when the needle moves over. There's some trial and error in doing this.

Malcolm Smith.

On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Steven Smolian wrote:

I have strong, pushy fingers. A dental tool helped.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Brock-Nannestad" <pattac@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ET help!

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

I recently did a job where I was able to create tracking through with
plastic clay.

Steve Smolian

----- wow! Was that a lacquer record? The layer is awfully thin. My main use
of plastic clay has been to exclude oxygen on cracks cemented with cyano-
acrylate (shellac-base record), because it can be removed from the grooves
afterwards without damaging them.

Kind regards,

George

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Brock-Nannestad" <pattac@xxxxxxxx>