Re: [ARSCLIST] Large-format scanner redux

On 10/08/08, Tom Fine wrote:
> A few months back, I asked for recommendations for large-scale
> flat-bed scanners. I'd like the latest best advise from this
> knowledgable group. I need a scanner capable of a 12x12 LP sleeve.
> USB2 or Firewire is desired, SCSI would be non-preferable. It needs to
> interface with Photoshop running on a PC.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You might also consider a camera on a copying stand. That can record an
original of any size. 12 Megapixels would be a minimum, but there are
plenty of cameras now with that resolution. That would give you around
250 dpi on an LP sleeve.

The problem with a camera is that you have to be sure the lighting is
even.

I see from the Epson web site that the 1640 XL is discontinued.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx