Re: [ARSCLIST] Buy e-Music and get busy again...

I agree with Tom and Bob and I must add this idea. If the majors were really smart they would purchase the eMusic platform jointly, which is excellent in every respect and make a comprehensive download site that does not give away such a big piece to Apple. This seems patently obvious.

DRM-free, high-quality, subscription or a la carte, exclusives, the basic value-added concept. So they need to (just buy) simply build a better mousetrap. The majors had no problem all selling music to Tower, if only they can get away from the all or nothing mindset and re-build their faith with the consumer they will be back in business, albeit with, as Tom notes, a different model.

AA