[ARSCLIST] Akai reel deck, yours for the cost of shipping

Apologies in advance for the cross-posting.

I am trying to save from the dumpster what appears to be an Akai GX-265D reel deck. Here are some pix of a stock unit:
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/4499720

This one I have is missing the wooden case and the reverse-direction doesn't work. It won't reverse directions. Could be something simple, could be not. It plays and records in forward, seems to run on speed and ff and rew just fine. It's got feet on the back and everything is open. You'll want to put this in a surface of some sort (a door? a particleboard desktop?) so as not to get a shock accidently. It's got a "Boulton Custom Stereo" medalion (sp?) on the headblock cover. Listening on headphones briefly to a 1/4-track tape, it seemed to be of decent audio quality, like the heads are not shot. I have no idea whether the reverse-direction heads can be swapped into forward-direction duty.

You will pay exact UPS Ground. It's heavy, maybe 50lbs when packed.

Ping me off-list if interested.

-- Tom Fine