Re: [ARSCLIST] Jochum Bruckner info needed

Hi,

I do not have the DGG Jochum Bruckner 4th but my January 1968 Schwann catalog
lists DGG 139134/5, the number in bold indicating stereo, with Jochum
conducting the Berlin Philharmonic, backed with five unidentified "sacred works" sung
in Latin by the Bavarian Radio Chorus.

I am aware that the Berlin Philharmonic is not the Bavarian Radio Symphony,
so maybe this is a remake that will not be useful to you.  I do have Jochum's
set of Bruckner's 5th, 138967/68 (stereo), and the orchestra is that of that of
the Bavarian Radio.  Could there have been a mistake in Schwann?  The LP land
says, "(P) 1958."

Jim Long
Baroda, MI
   </HTML>