Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape Deterioration - white powder

TDK GX is notorious for this as well...but it does it a LOT.  It's  separate
from sticky shed...the white powder residue is dry and wipes off heads  and
guides easily, but TDK GX sheds enough of it to clog your tape path  after a few
minutes.  Cleaning the tape by fast winding and using the  "holding a dry
cloth with your fingers" carefully around the tape several times  gets rid of
quite a bit of the white residue, but not enough that  heads don't continually
clog even after multiple cleanings.

The method that I've used for curing sticky shed also works for this white
powder TDK GX tape as well, but it's pretty controversial and widely panned by
most as it seems pretty "out there"...and that method is the NuFinish method
that I wrote of in various places online.  It's cured all of my TDK GX  tapes
of the white residue problem, with no audible degradation (although I'm  sure
under tests some loss would have to appear).