[ARSCLIST] Komitas

Can anyone give me a little detail about the provenance of the cylinders
made by
Komitas in Paris in 1912? Mainly what I'd like to know if these were
made available
commerically as cylinders or were recorded privately and belong to a
collection. The
Traditional Crossroads CD release is unclear on the matter - they just
identify the
recordings as "cylinders."

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

Maybe music was not intended to satisfy the curious definiteness of man.
Maybe it is better to hope that music may always be transcendental
language in the most extravagant sense. ~ Charles Ives