From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven C. Barr(x)
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:44 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Joseph Vézina's "En avant" (1915)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Wise" <jonathan.wise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

I'm trying to locate a French song recorded in Canada in 1915: Joseph Vezina's
"En avant". Any help in locating a copy would be appreciated.
Recorded for whom? Label? Number?

1915 would suggest Berliner (who had already started recording in Montreal,
but wouldn't release any 216xxx discs until 1916...!). Compo wasn't launched
by Herbert Berliner until 1918-19; Pathe only issued four Canada-specific
discs; Brunswick didn't issue its Pathe-cut Canadian discs until c.1917;
Columbia never, AFAIK, recorded in Canada...?!