Re: [ARSCLIST] victor light opera (company)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Nelson" <dnelsonone@xxxxxxxxx>
> Help!!!
> im trying to make some sense  of  my
> collection/accumulation of  Victor Light Opera discs.
> My first number is  Victor 31751 (The Dollar Princess)
>  how early is that ?   date ?
> Then the next set of discs go up to  318xx  with a big
> jump to  353xx   am i missing  a lot  of discs beteen
> 318 and 353 ?
> How far up did they  go... I know of the Gershwin and
> Kern sets..

The "Victor Light Opera Company," like the "Victor Dance
Orchestra," the "Victor Military Band" and "Nat Shilkret
and his Victor Orchestra," was essentially a group of
artists under contract to Victor, who were used to record
material as their name(s) described.

Not having my DG at hand, I can sort of tell you...
The 31xxx (12" SF disc) series ended around 31900 or
so. The 35xxx series (12" DF disc) started c.1909 at
35000(01?)...but the first 200-250 issues consisted
of recoupled 31xxx sides (possibly including some
VLOC sides...?!).

IIRC, someone(s) has/have compiled a VLOC discography;
however, I don't have the details thereof...?!

...stevenc