Re: [ARSCLIST] VICTOR LIGHT/BUSCH EROICA

That's simply not correct.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] VICTOR LIGHT/BUSCH EROICA

One thing I just learned a few months ago (Was it from Don Tait ?),is that those batwing-era records by "The Victor Concert Orchestra",are really The Philadelphia Orchestra !

Roger

"spcv1@xxxxxxxxxxx" <spcv1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi. If memory suits me, the Victor Light Opera, and Gems of...were done between 1924 and 1928. Some really great singers did their stuff in the series...Lucy Isabelle Marsh, Richard Crooks, Reinald Werrenrath, etc.//I did a digital clean-up, & transfer, of my near-mint Remington Eroica, with Busch, a while back, and don't recall any sound problems with it. I might be wrong, but don't recall anything(I'm at work just now, so can't check to make sure). SS