Re: [ARSCLIST] (RCA) MUZAK/SEEBURG RECORDS

Yes it does.I also own two 7" 33 1/3 RPM records that date from 1966,on a Seeburg label.These consist of uncredited cover versions of hit songs,by unidentified garage type bands,and one or two original instrumentals.Some of which are actually quite good.

Does anyone here know if these were issued with covers ?

                                  Roger

Dan Nelson <dnelsonone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: The Seeburg industrial music was in competition to
Muzak which in the early days  used leased phone lines
and  later SCA sub channels on FM stations.
Seeburg developed a background music  system that used
records and they leased the player and the records to
the store or who ever wanted backgrund music.. they
captured a nitch market where Muzak didnt have any
telephone lines available or were to expensive.
The Seeburg music library discs came pre programmed,
just like Muzak would sound. They had several types of
music. Mellow (elevator) up tempo,  old favorites and
contemporary. Each set of discs contained aproximately
1000 tunes and were replaced ever 3 months.
Hope this  helps answer  your question
dnw

--- Roger and Allison Kulp

Looking for last minute shopping deals?