To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:49 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Mercury Living Presence mono-only recordings

Hi,

In recent months, I have taken to enjoying Mercury Living Presence mono LP's.
I am wondering if anyone in ARSC-land can (easily) tell me which issues were
originally recorded in mono only?

I have an LP inner sleeve that came with MG-50022 (MF7/MF5, with "groove
guard," so probably not the first pressing) that lists a number of MG's and OL's
that are, from my imperfect and incomplete recollection, mono-only recordings.
It is probably a good start to answering my question:

1.  MG-50000 to MG-50070 (with no listing of MG-50013, 14, 31, 32, 40, 41,
43, 44, 49-54 and 59-63).  Can any of these blanks be filled in?  Also, I have
five Rafael Druian/John Simms issues that between themselves and other listings
on their jacket notes encompass mostly higher numbers: MG-50089-99, 109 and
110.  These are all chamber music except MG-50109 (Boardwalk Pipes, with Robert
Elmore, organist) and MG-50099 (Strauss: Suite from "Der Rosenkavalier"; Till
Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Dorati conducting the Minneapolis Symphony
Orchestra).

2.  OL-2-100, OL-2-101, OL-3-102 and OL-3-103.  The six highest numbers in
the MG-50000 listings above are single-disc issues of OL-3-102 and OL-3-103.

3.  MG-40000 to MG-40015, which appears to be an American music series.  Were
any of these reissued in the MG-50000 series?

4.  MG-80000 to MG-80004, which appears to be a chamber-music series.  From
the Druian/Simms MG-50000 LP's I have, at appears that MG-50089-92 and MG-50094
are reissues from the MG-80000 numbers listed above.

Thanks.

Jim Long
Bosch/EV
Baroda, MI   </HTML>