Re: [ARSCLIST] Grammophone/album hole

Sometime I'll send you a list of all of them I have.This includes "Pictures at an Exhibition" (Gramophone),Schumann "Spring" (Royale-Furtwangler ?),Mahler Titan (Allegro-Royale),and Strauss Waltzes (Varsity).Like I said,I got a lot of these.

Do you know anything about the late 50s/early 60s budget labels,Scott,and Family Records ?

                                          Roger

"spcv1@xxxxxxxxxxx" <spcv1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I am not sure of the Beethoven 4th concerto on Grammophone. My friend, Ernst Lumpe, has identified many of the Royale-family issues, but there are some things he may know that he hasn't divulged to anyone, as yet. He likes to be sure of things. It is also likely that the rare Reger concerto recording is with Elly Ney. I have been working for several years with archivists, and various record sleuths, to identify many of the unknown artists on various labels. Ernst Lumpe and David Gideon are "the kings" for this sort of thing, from what I know. Currently, I am doing a small part in identifying the no-name Carmen highlights issued on Rondolette(mistakenly in a jacket that's supposed to house a Carmen Suite)...the results will be quite interesting.(check www.rediscovery.us)    Mr. Bellafiore: the hole in the record jacket denotes a cutout album.  SS