To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:49 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Tape problems, was Re: [ARSCLIST] Collection for sale

But London allowed itself to get into 4-track tape because they were impressed by the operations at United Stereo Tapes (Ampex's duping division). It says so right on the back ad in a 1959 High Fidelity issue (I've been going through a ton of these lately). It's in print, it must be true..heh heh.

Duped tape disasters weren't limited to 4-track consumer product. I remember the Cleveland Orchestra coming in on ten-inch reels with horrible sound and on more than one occasion, an entire channel missing. This was in the early 90s.

dl