Re: [ARSCLIST] Schoor? Schorr?

You're right, the labels say Vienna..the seller said Germany. Still, Schorr sang at the Met from 1924 and wouldn't have wanted to spend too much time anywhere near the Nazis.

The discs might be interesting on other levels, but not worth $999. I wonder if they're gelatine-coated glass based? He says they aren't metal and also that one or two are stuck inside their sleeves. Too bad there's no close-up of a label identifying "Schoor" or "Schorr".

dl

Erik Dix wrote:
The label says they were recorded in Vienna which is in Austria and wasn't part of Germany in 1937 yet. That was in 1938. But if he emigrated directly from Germany to the US than that would still not make much sense.

Erik