Re: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: New word? / technical term?

On Monday, February 11, 2008 7:28 PM, David Lennick wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I never encountered "outro" till sometime in the 80s
>
> <snip>

When was "outro" intro'd into the broadcast vernacular?

Where was it first used (broadcasting? elsewhere?)?

I've seen "outro" appear on the cue sheets of radio broadcast
tapes dating to 1973.  I wouldn't be surprised if the term is
much, much older than that - it's such a logical pun on
"in"tro.

Eric Jacobs

The Audio Archive, Inc.
tel: 408.221.2128