Re: [ARSCLIST] Do any of you require test tones?

Doug, I've been trying to find a good reason to buy Speakerphone from AudioEase. One of those things that I'd love to play with but just can't justify the cash. I have Wave Editor from Audiofile Engineering which has a generator for test tones. I used Audacity eons ago but I would think that there must be some open source software for creating test tones.
Steve
On Feb 5, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Doug Pomeroy wrote:

Also, for $30, you can buy a neat application for the Mac
called MAKE A TEST TONE, from AudioEase.com.
They have lots of other outstanding products as well.

Doug
================================

Date:    Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:18:13 -0500
From:    Art Shifrin <goldens3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Do any of you require test tones?

A one minute 16 / 44.1 monaural wave file is just about 5Megs. If your
email utility can handle that size attachment, then I'll be pleased to
email files to those who require them. They can be sweeps (gradual
change from a beginning to a concluding frequency) or fixed frequency.
These CANNOT be a substitute for a playback alignment wire or tape, but
would be terrific tools for aligning bias, record level calibrations,
record eq. and record head azimuth. They'd also be very helpful to
confirm performance of equalizers and filters.

Shiffy