To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] TO DAVID LEWIS: Re: Tradition/Everest/Vanguard Classics/Bernie Solomon

As someone who owns a near-complete run of original Belock Everest classical Lps,I never bought the DCCs,and now we have the Classic Records issues.How do these compare to each other ?

Roger

Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Ha! Those guys were LaserLight, eh? Yes, largely garbage CD's!

For what it's worth, the two high-resolution DVD-Audio discs I have of the Everest material from
Classic Records were very well transferred by Bernie Grundman. But, the Everest transfers for CD in
the 1990's also weren't bad, I think the late David Smith at Sony oversaw the playback of some of
the 35mm masters.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lennick"
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] TO DAVID LEWIS: Re: Tradition/Everest/Vanguard
Classics/Bernie Solomon

All very interesting..which reminds me, I need to bother Compendia again about some old royalties
they still owe me for the stuff I did when they were still Intersound. And fascinating to know
that Madacy is no longer a pirate label. A lot of their "rights" were very debatable, and there
was a time when you could find the identical recordings on Madacy and Laserlight, right down to
the clicks and pops from the original LPs they stole.

dl

Mark Jenkins wrote:
 Even though Artemis Records is defunct, and Danny Goldberg has moved on,
Sheridan Square Entertainment does still exist, with new owners, and
owns both Compendia Records and other labels (a portion of V2).  It's
based in Nashville, TN, now and still is overseen by Michael Olsen.
They still own the rights to the Vanguard catalogue, and I know
independently that portions of this catalogue are being exploited
privately online (as there is no formal agreement as of yet, I believe,
between the parties, I won't go into the details).  As for the Everest jazz and classical
catalogues, of which there has
been recent discussion, these were purchased from Bernie Solomon by
Madacy Music Group (now Madacy Entertainment LP) based in Montreal, and
SOME of the 35mm masters have been licensed to Classic Records of Los
Angeles.  Madacy owns all worldwide rights to these recordings and
master tapes.

 MJ The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Access to this email by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorized.

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.