[ARSCLIST] fwd: Bruno Walter -- Concertgebouw dates?

Forwarding this, which appeared on 88sOn78s. DL

Paul wrote:
I'm perplexed. Is anyone out there a Bruno Walter expert: Regarding the Walter - COA - 6/6/52 (Don Juan, Mozart 40, and Mahler 4): there seems to be an error somewhere, either on Music & Arts's part or in the Concertgebouw Anthology Vol. 2 CD set -- see http://classicalcdreview.com/rcoa2.html -- (i.e., in the dates one of these two companies gives).. I compared my 2-CD set on M & A (CD-
1090) of the (supposedly June 19) performances of these 3 works and they're exactly the same performances as the ones marked 6/6/52 in the COA Anthology, all the way down to each and every noise from the orchestra and/or the audience, and EVERY audience COUGH!! I checked very, very meticulously; I didn't go just by the timings.. I want to find out whether Walter indeed actually performed these 3 works on both of those nights or whether one of those dates is an error --- which I'm starting to suspect, because let's say he did perform them on the 6th and also the 19th -- why would one CD outlet just happen to get the wrong date? -- it doesn't seem likely. Maybe the correct date is June 6, considering what I read in the following Walter discography: http://www.geocities.com/walteriana76/BWrecordsB.htm

This is all very strange because I just noticed on the internet that at least two or three CD outlets besides M&A are giving that June 19 date rather than June 6. But I would think that the Anthology from the Concertgebouw itself would have the most reliable data.

Paul (forlino@xxxxxxxxx)