Re: [ARSCLIST] 1/4" tape player

On 24 dec 2007, at 22.09, Cary Ginell wrote:

Thanks all for the various replies that came over the holidays. I had not thought to post a lot of information since it was probably tangential to the list :)

The primary aim is to go through several hundred old tape reels (including, I guess, many "home audio" recordings to save any interesting fragments for the future. So the odd (what's the translation) multi track format where you could double up the tape to save tape (I remember doing that in the 70s anyway with the family set we had at home whilst recording pop music). Good output and reliability. The reason for the trolley is that the studio is quite full already and not a lot of space for a large bookshelf unit and the trolley would be good to move out as required into store rather than me doing even more back injuries and problems than before :)

Plus, since I am in Europe, I didn't feel it helpful asking for so detailed information in case models were US only (110v) or people would go to trouble of saying "try XYZ in Washington, DC" and the like as I am sure the freight would be expensive !

But thanks for the good tips so far :) Cheers, Darren