Re: [ARSCLIST] Record Catalogs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ernie Longmire" <arsclist-lazlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> On 12-Dec-07 20:36, John Ross wrote:
> > These are excellent discographical reference documents, but I don't
> > need all of them, so I'll happily share parts of this stash with
> > other collectors. Your choice for $5 or three for $12, plus postage.
>
> John, how many pages do the the label catalogs usually run?  Digitizing some
to PDF would make an interesting little project but I don't want to get in over
my head.

Depends on label and vintage...! Victor catalogs can run 5-600 pages;
Columbias are slightly amaller; Brunswicks 100-150 pages (all these
are teens/twenties era). Rather than OCR'ing page scans to create
.pdf files (not always that dependable a process...!), I'd recommend
scanning them page-by-page and saving/posting the resulting image
files...!

Newer catalogs are kind of outside my "field of interest"...!