Re: [ARSCLIST] Disaster plans: Piano rolls, cylinders, and wire recordings

This would be a great topic for an ARSC Conference paper. Disaster planning - has this been covered before?

Joe Salerno

Kate Murray wrote:
The University of Maryland Libraries is updating its disaster plan to include information on some of our more unusual formats including piano rolls, cylinder recordings (wax and plastic) and wire recordings. If your institution covers these formats in your disaster plan or if you just have some words of wisdom to share, please contact me at kmurray@xxxxxxx or 301-314-3287. I'd be happy to summarize for the list if people are interested.

Many thanks! Kate Murray