[ARSCLIST] headphones "break-in"?

Hi All:

Do professional headphones work optimally if one allows a "break-in" period or is this audiophoolery? I don't know enough about headphone driver design to know if a new pair benefits from playing relatively loud radio content or pink noise for a few hours to loosen up the mechanics. Based on the fact that I listen to headphones at ear-healthy low levels, this "break-in" would probably be as much "exercise" as the drivers would get, but if they are indeed "stiff" when new, it might be beneficial, too, for low-level listening (ie potential better dynamics response, better sensitivity for low-level bass, etc)??

-- Tom Fine