Re: [ARSCLIST] Folkways Reissues

Well there  you go.I was suggesting Bridge,because they had put out CDs,of LOC recordings.If someone is really interested in getting this project started,why not get busy on it?Perhaps Mr.Gioia could contact LOC.I thoiught they supposedly ran this here listserv,but it's very rare that I see anybody from there popping in here.

                                             Roger

Charles Amirkhanian <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: If you're dealing with spoken word recordings, I'd strongly recommend
getting Dana Gioia involved. He's the head of the NEA--a poet--who is
deeply concerned about preservation. His Save America's Treasures
program, funded the Other Minds project of preserving the KPFA Music
Department tapes. And he's contacted me about re-issuing LPs that
have settings for voice and piano of important American poets. I know
he would be supportive if he could be in this situation.

Charles Amirkhanian