Re: [ARSCLIST] Folkways Reissues

I can't say I have heard enough of the Bridge  Great Performances from The Library of Congress series,to speak on the quality,but something should be worked out,if we have CDs like this out there.

                                  Roger

John Ross <johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: At  12/14/2007 02:54 PM, Tom Fine wrote:
>This stuff the LOC produced belongs to US, it was paid for by US, it
>should be available to US, forever (for a reasonable
>production/media/duping/packaging/shipping fee, of course).

The rights to the recordings may belong to the LOC, but the
performances are another thing entirely. Unless the performers on
those recordings (or their heirs) sign off on them, the Library can't
always release them for public sale, even if they were less careful
back in the days of those old LPs and 78s.

John Ross